Wednesday, February 6, 2013

RSC Casting Coups

The Royal Shakespeare Company emailed me a promo of one of their upcoming shows, A Life of Galileo by Bertolt Brecht. They've even posted a trailer on YouTube which you can see right here.



With all the controversy around Galileo, I'm glad to see the RSC is not afraid to be even more controversial with their casting choices. Yes, that actor is none other than Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars! I guess the RSC think Galileo is evil, or the Emperor is a great actor.

In another odd bit of casting, the fellow who played Malvolio in the Twelfth Night production I saw last summer is playing the title role in Hamlet this summer! That has to be a tough transition to make. At least for me as an audience member.

Keep up the exciting choices, Royal Shakespeare Company!

No comments:

Post a Comment